Allan Spira Architects is an architectural practice with an established reputation in the design and management of residential projects – principally new homes, multiple occupancies, additions, alterations and heritage projects.
We have been established since 1986 prior to which Allan spent several years with a number of local Canberra practices. We have received several awards and commendations.
Our architectural services are packaged to provide you with choice and flexibility. We are available for either a part (eg: Concept Planning only) or the full service, which can include making all the decisions right down to the selection of light fittings and tiles.
The provision of our services and fee arrangement can be reviewed at any stage of our service. These include: Careful assessment of the feasibility of your project, creative design for your budget and lifestyle, full construction documentation, all government approvals, competitive prices from our quality builders, management of your building contract and advice on selections of fixtures and finishes.
Our approach to design incorporates optimum use of site and existing structures, functional and environmentally sustainable design, integration of indoor/outdoor living, provision for future requirements and cost effective solutions.
By engaging us for your project you will achieve:
- Careful assessment of the feasibility of your project
- Creative design for your budget and lifestyle
- All government approvals
- Competitive prices from our quality builders
- A fair and independently administered building contract
- Advice on selections of fixtures and finishes
Our architectural services are packaged to provide you with choice and flexibility. We are available for either a part (eg: Concept Planning only) or the full service, which can include making all the decisions right down to the selection of light fittings and tiles. The provision of our services and fee arrangement can be reviewed at any of the stages outlined overleaf.
Our initial task is twofold – firstly to listen carefully to your requirements (after all you are the experts of your lifestyle) and secondly to provide our knowledge and experience in showing you all the opportunities and recommending the appropriate and affordable solutions.
Our approach to design is summarised as follows:
- Optimum use of site and existing structures
- Functional and environmentally sustainable design
- Integration of indoor/outdoor living
- Provision for future requirements
- Cost effective solutions
Our management of the project includes:
- Constantly reviewing the developing proposals and costings
- Dealing with authorities and obtaining approvals
- Coordinating with engineer, interior designer and other consultants
- Preparing detailed drawings and specifications
- Obtaining tenders from a small group of competitive and quality builders
- Selecting a builder, arranging and administering the contract
- Monitoring progress, quality and costs of construction